Early Investors in startups have reaped handsome returns, be the one.
Why investing in start-ups should be a part of your portfolio.
08th April 2022
Over the past few years, family offices world over, have been acting a lot more like venture investors. They are increasing their allocations to venture capital as a way to capture the potential upside of early-stage deals, and also building out their own in-house capabilities to directly and successfully invest in start-ups. Three-quarters of family offices have directly invested in start-ups, and one-quarter have sourced their own deals, as per a recent global survey of family office executives and family members conducted by Silicon Valley Bank and family office advisors Campden Wealth in US. On an average, a larger overall portion of the dollars they invest in ventures are going directly to start-ups than into VC funds.
To harness the potential of partnership between Family Businesses and Start-ups, the CII Centre of Excellence for Innovation, Entrepreneurship & Start-ups is organising the thrid edition of the Masterclass on 08th April 2022 at 1430 Hrs over a virtual platform.
Key takeaways from the masterclass include:
- Overview of the Indian start-up ecosystem.
- Opportunities and benefits of investing for family offices and UHNW in start-ups.
- Investment opportunities in start-up: Methods (Family offices / Investment networks / Incubators / Accelerators).
- Legal aspects while investing in start-ups and experience sharing
- Promoters of Family Business
- Professionals heading Family Offices
- Family Business Next Generation Successors
- Spouse and other family members involved in family business
- HNIs & UHNWIs
Mentor-in-residence, SINE IIT-B
Director, CII CIES